Over four years, Secrets of the Solent will celebrate the Solent as a special environment that is home to both amazing wildlife and fascinating people. There are lots of different ways to get involved, from sharing your local wildlife sightings to visiting public artworks.
A great way to support the project in more depth, while also gaining new skills and wildlife knowledge, is to volunteer with us as a Marine Champion or Marine Ambassador. With many different roles to choose from there’s a place for all talents, and you can change role at any time to try something new.
You’ll receive full training and plenty of support from the project team. You’ll also join our welcoming Marine Champions community, giving you the chance to meet others who share your love for the Solent.
We're currently seeking people for the following roles:
- Ferry Safaris Marine Champions - take to the water and highlight the incredible wildlife both above and below the waves.
- Inspiring People Marine Champions - spread the word about our amazing marine wildlife and inspire others to take action.
- Intertidal Surveys Leader Marine Champions - discover our diverse marine species and lead surveys of our shorelines.
- Young Marine Champions - showcase the Solent's wildlife wonders and be a voice for change within your secondary school.
- Marine Ambassadors - champion marine wildlife and create positive change within your club, group or organisation.
As the project moves forward there will be other exciting roles available, including helping to celebrate local sustainable seafood. In the meantime, please contact Emily on firstname.lastname@example.org to chat about how you can volunteer.