We are a member of the Fundraising Regulator
As a member of the Fundraising Regulator (FR) we have made a public promise to adhere to best practice in all fundraising activity, enabling you to give with confidence.
We hope that our membership with the FR will build trust and confidence in charitable giving and encourage more people to provide essential support for nature conservation. As members of the scheme, we follow the Funding Regulator’s Code of Fundraising Practice, ensuring that our fundraising is legal, open, honest and respectful, so that giving to us is a great experience.
We make the following Fundraising Promise:
We Are Committed to High Standards
- We do all we can to ensure that fundraisers, volunteers and fundraising contractors working with us to raise funds comply with the Code and with this Promise
- We comply with the law including those that apply to data protection, health and safety and the environment
- We Are Honest and Open
- We tell the truth and do not exaggerate
- We do what we say we are going to do
- We answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs.
We Are Clear
- We are clear about who we are, what we do and how your gift is used
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and amend a regular commitment
We Are Respectful
- We respect the rights, dignities and privacy of our supporters and beneficiaries
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift and if you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so
We Are Fair and Reasonable
- We take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence
- We take care not to cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption
We Are Accountable
- If you are unhappy with anything we've done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint