Save Every Drop
Here in Hampshire, we often take for granted something that is actually an incredible luxury: clean water brought directly into our homes. With this precious natural resource available at the turn of a tap it can be easy to overlook where it comes from, and to forget about leaving a share for nature.
Much of the county's water is drawn from a chalk aquifer deep below ground, in a process called 'abstraction'. But we aren't the only ones using this hidden store: our beautiful chalk streams also rely on it for a water supply, and their wonderful wildlife can suffer if there isn't enough to go around.
We're teaming up with Southern Water to tackle this issue through the Save Every Drop project, which is part of the Watercress and Winterbournes Landscape Partnership Scheme. Abstraction is based on public demand - the more water we use, the more needs to be drawn from the aquifer. Can you help keep the flow going?
Prize draw terms and conditions (click to expand)
- The title of this free prize draw is the “Watercress and Winterbournes Prize Draw”.
- The Promoter of this prize draw is Southern Water Services Limited. Registered in England No.2366670. Registered office: Southern House, Yeoman Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN13 3NX.
- The competition will run from 12:00am on 1 May 2021 (the "Opening Date") to 12:00am on 30 September 2021 (the "Closing Date") inclusive.
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- The prize draw is open to customers who have received a water efficiency home visit between 1 May 2021 and 30 September 2021.
- Customers will be automatically entered into the free prize draw following completion of the home visit.
- Only one entry per household is permitted.
- The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
- A winner will be chosen by random draw supervised by an independent person.
- The winner will receive a £500 credit paid to their Southern Water account.
- The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) within 10 days of the closing date of the competition. The winner must confirm acceptance of the prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 15 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize will be delivered, subject to availability, to the winner by Hampshire & Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust or by a representative of within 30 days of claiming their prize.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered, regardless of whether the winning entrant’s account is in credit or debit.
- The prize is supplied by Watercress and Winterbournes Landscape Partnership Scheme (the "Supplier"). The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The winner’s surname and county can be obtained by sending an email to Justine.Lewis@southernwater.co.uk within 30 days of the date of the closing date of the prize draw. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter Justine Lewis using the above email address. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry or (if automatic entry) upon claiming the prize. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- All competition entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned.
- Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
- Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.