Join your local nature club
Get your children involved with nature and bring them along to their local Wildlife Watch or Tots group! Wildlife Watch & Tots Groups are run by knowledgeable and enthusiastic volunteers, and parents are welcome to join in most events.
Wildlife Tots Groups for under 5s
- The emphasis is on family learning and all children must be accompanied by adults.
- Activities are based mostly outdoors, in natural surroundings.
- Please come prepared with waterproofs and wellies.
- We ask for a suggested donation £4 per person attending.
- Booking is essential
- Please note dates are subject to change; always check online
Blashford Wildlife Tots
When: Usually two sessions on the 1st Monday of each month, 10.30am-12noon and 1-2.30pm.
Where: Blashford Lakes Education Centre, Ellingham Drove, Ringwood, BH24 3PJ
Contact: Jim/Tracy 01425 472760 or BlashfordLakes@hiwwt.org.uk. Booking essential.
Gosport Wildlife Tots
When: Third Saturday of each month, 10am-12noon from 16 Sep
Where: Grange Farm, Little Woodham Lane, off Howe Road, unless stated otherwise. Runs with Wildlife Watch group.
Contact: Hilary Percival 02392 527391 email@example.com.
Milton Locks Wildlife Tots
Swanwick Wildlife Tots
When: We offer three 'flavours' of Wildlife Tots, as follows.
- Wildlife TOTS: Usually first Tuesday of each month from 10.30 am to 12 noon: indoor craft and story followed by adult led outdoor activities.
- Friday TOTS: Usually third Friday of each month from 1 pm to 2.30 pm: all outdoor, play based sessions.
- Holiday TOTS: Wednesdays in February and May half terms and the Easter break from 10.30 am to 12 noon: all outdoor, play based sessions (older siblings welcome along).
Where: Swanwick Lakes Education Centre, Swanwick Way, off Sopwith Lane, Fareham
Contact: Dawn Preston/Jess Parsons 01489 570240 or SwanwickLakes@hiwwt.org.uk.
Full details of all upcoming sessions can be dowloaded here.
Testwood Wildlife Tots
When: Monthly on second Tuesday at 10.30am-12noon and last Friday of the month, 10.30am-12noon
Where: Testwood Lakes Centre, Brunel Rd, Totton, SO40 3WX (map ref. SU 353 149)
Contact: Grace Hall 02380 667929 or TestwoodLakes@hiwwt.org.uk. Booking essential.
Barton Meadows Tots
Wildlife Watch Groups for 5-15 years
- Wildlife Watch activities range from nature hunts to woodwork
- We ask for a suggested donation £5 per person attending.
- Please note dates may be subject to change; please check online.
Basingstoke Wildlife Watch
When: Last Saturday each month from Sep to Nov, times variable.
Where: Locations around Basingstoke – please call to confirm.
Contact: Clare Lloyd Williams on 01256 782665 to book.
Blashford Wildlife Watch
Eling Wildlife Watch
When: Usually meets on the 2nd Saturday of each month from 11am to 1pm unless otherwise stated
Where: Eling Tide Mill Experience Visitors’ Centre, 24 Lexby Road, Totton, Hampshire SO40 9HD
Gosport Wildlife Watch
When: 3rd Saturday of each month, 10am–12noon.
Where: Grange Farm, Little Woodham, off Howe Road, PO13 8AB, unless stated otherwise.
Contact: Hilary Percival on 02392 527391 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
Portsmouth and Southsea Wildlife Watch
Testwood Wildlife Watch
Joining is simple
You can sign up online by Direct Debit or call us on 01489 774400.
Membership costs £18 per year for up to four children of the same household (up to 15 years of age)
or get family membership for £54 per year.
What do Wildlife Watch members get?
Wildlife Watchers handbook with activities and information on UK wildlife
4 magazines a year filled with news, puzzles, competitions & a free poster
A diary covering a year of local events for families and children
Wildlife Watch awards information sheet
A member's folder to keep it all in
Safeguarding and Child Protection
We take child protection and safeguarding very seriously. Our Child Protection and Safeguarding Statement sets out how we implement child protection and safeguarding across the Wildlife Trust and who to contact if you have questions or concerns.